Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Eve

Matthew had Banana Who since he was born. She dragged along with him when he learned to crawl, took his first steps, and made transitions easier to daycare, a bed, sleepovers in hotels during vacations, and his first day of school.

“Have you seen my ‘nana Who?” Matthew appears at our bedside holding a framed picture of his blankie, Banana Who.

“Let’s get you back to bed,” I tell him as I had last night and the night before that.

We think that we lost her at a department store. I called the store twice to ask them to check their lost and found, but each time the store assistant returned to the phone empty handed.





 It helped that Halloween was approaching and we had a lot of activities planned. Halloween gingerbread houses, decoration crafts, pumpkin painting and carving, ghostly cupcakes and cookies, pumpkin muffins, boo bags, candy corn pancakes, caramel apples, a school parade and party.

I was a parent volunteer at the school party and got to witness the fun first hand. When we arrived to school a little girl dressed as Jessie from Toy Story hugged my leg. Another boy dressed as Woody asked me to help him put on his shoes. Matt dressed as Buzz Lightyear left me to find his friends. I didn’t see him again until the kids lined up for a parade.

Dressed in costumes the kids marched around the outside of the school twice. Then they were split into groups, to attend different activity stations the teachers set up.

When it was time for the parents to leave, he respectfully thanked me for coming to his party and told me he would see me soon.



Then today we were outside raking leaves when Bob called Matthew over to see something. In his hands was none other than the long lost Banana Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment