Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Everthing Old Is New Again


“Oh my gosh!” Matthew can’t not believe the hi-jinks that Frog and Toad get into.  “Look at him, he lost a button! There is a snake over there; it is going to eat them? Is it a friendly snake?”

For years I tried to introduce him to Frog and Toad, literary friends of mine from childhood, but he rarely listened to more than the first paragraph before his eyes would glaze over from boredom. Now that he is older the paragraphs of text make sense to him and hold his interest in between pictures of moss and taupe colored protagonists.

This was the first New Years Eve that we let Matt stay up. Earlier in the day we had friends over for sledding, lunch, and making New Years Time Square balls. 





And in other news to share I had my first official ultrasound of the new baby this week. “That’s a monkey!” Matt said when I showed him the pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. I can make out the baby - so cool!!! I don't remember the toad and the frog series, just Bernstein Bears and Ninja Turtles but I'll take your word for it!

    ReplyDelete