Thursday, August 4, 2011

Football Dollface(s)






 Matthew was three-months-old when we took him to his first Patriots practice. He was small enough to fit into a build a bear Patriots Jersey. Mike came with us. I remember the experience being mildly boring except for when I was stressed while trying to get Matt to nurse in the filthy bathroom. I do feel a sense of accomplishment after the fact as Matthew can tell you that he’s been going to see the Patriots at Gillette since before he can remember. In this family something like that holds him in high esteem.  

Namely for the sake of tradition we took Samantha at nineteen-days-old to her first Patriots practice. We opted for her to wear a pink team onsie which was a gift from Mike. He could not join us as he now works for the Patriots and was sitting the press box. The practice was still as mildly boring as I remembered it being, but with a four-year-old shouting whichever football chants or player names that came to mind, I found myself having quite a bit of fun. If you saw me nurse, Samantha in the filthy bathroom you would think we did it everyday. When it was time to go I felt a sense of accomplishment solely for the reason that everyone had a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment