Thursday, November 6, 2008

PBSing


 









Clap Clap Clap. Arms in the Air! Clap Clap Clap. Arms in the air! Matthew has taught me a new game to play with Lego blocks. Or maybe Bob was the one who started it. The three of us are sitting on the living room floor clapping them together three times and then putting our arms up over our heads. After a few moments Matthew picks up all the Lego blocks and dumps them in a toy wagon, which he then drives into the couches over and over on purpose.

“You shouldn’t have given him that candy,” I hiss under my breath to Bob like a sitcom wife.

“ I didn’t know the sugar would make him this hyper!"

“Wheee,” Matthew has now climbed into the wagon on top of the Legos. Bob and I give in and laugh.

We’ve recently scaled back the hours of our live in nannies, Curious George, Sid the Science Kid, and Elmo, to only a couple hours during the weekends. What I mean to say is that we cut back Matthew’s television watching time for fear that he was turning into a bit of a zombie anytime he sat down to watch TV. .

In just one week with the new TV rules in place we became the type of family to go for long walks outside and make homemade pizzas for dinner. Bob and I started to play board games together at night, while Matthew mastered shape sorting in his spare time. There is something more rewarding about watching your one and a half year old conquer shape sorting beyond the circle piece that is more rewarding than watching him sit through the Toy Story movie.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is talking already -I cannot wait until he says Grandma. Even if he calls me Elmo I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically enough, Matt was watching Elmo while I read this blog post. I guess the no TV thing didn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete