Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chatterbug











“Mama?” Matthew looks up at me quite seriously after rolling a yellow play doh snake on the table, “Dis string cheese. Here you go.” He hands it to me with watchful eyes.

“Thank you,” I say, “Can you make me a cookie too?”

“Mmm, good cheese,” he hedges, leaving me no choice but to mock eat the playdoh in my hand.

“Delicious,” I compliment and he claps his hands together with delight before handing me a blob of brown play doh. “Is this a cookie?”

“It’s poo poo!”

“Yuck,” I state this without a trace of humor in my voice.

“Yuuuuuck,” Matthew agrees but his eyes are lit up with amusement, “Yucky poo poo!”

“A mess!” Matthew tattles pointing to the play doh blobs and cutting tools scattered all over our dinning room table that a minute ago it was his string cheese and cookie factory. “Oh no! A mess!”

1 comment:

  1. On Tuesday when we got home, Matt started walking backwards throw the basement saying "Moon... moon". I guess he has learned the moonwalk already!

    ReplyDelete