Thursday, September 24, 2009

Matthew 101

Matthew 101 : Translations

-A-
A clue – a paw print, Blues Clues or otherwise
Acorns – sometimes acorns and also popcorn

-B-
Babies- old movies of himself on the computer
Boogies- the act of wiping his nose with a tissue just so he can flush it down the toilet
Boom booms- thunder storms

-C-
Carry you- asking you to carry him
Cream cream- ice cream

-D-
Da- the
Dass- dance

-E-
Eh-eh-ence – Ambulance
Eatin the poop- something Bob taught him to say, and I am not amused
Ems – M&M’s

-F-
Fishies- band-Aids with fish on them (there are also Band-Aids called “hats” and “batman”)
Firetruck cat- Dalmation

-H-
Happy Cake- pie or birthday cake
Hot- fireplaces

-M-
Mailmantruck- mail truck
Monkey- his uncle Mike
Moss- anything football related, was taught as in “Randy Moss”,
My trains- daycare, he loves the train table there

-N-
Nigh nights- bedtime

-O-

Oosee popsihangin: orange popscicle
Otay- okay

-P-
Papa’s bulldoza- all bulldozers since getting to sit in one at his papa’s house
Peacocks, ahhh!- peacocks
Pockets- cd carrier

-U-
Up- help

-Y-
Yellow- Lion
Yummy Cakes- anything he likes to eat but doesn’t know the name of

Quotable Quotes:“Trace my eyes.”
“Where it go?”
“Monkey broke it!”
“Good morning Pepper..is Pepper clean?”
“You weren’t watching!”
“What happened?”
“A big mess.”
“Big hug!”
“The moon is behind the trees.”
“Look at that!”
“Dada, the dragon get you when you sleeping."

7 comments:

  1. I think that this was my favorite blog post you have written. Reading all of these made me chuckle at how "kid's say the darndest things".

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do Bill Cosby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sat down to read this post knowing that we are "two nations separated by a common language". Obviously, some things would not translate, but I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I got to the letter N and found nigh nights listed. I remember saying that as a child, and even today (I'm 55) I still think it to myself when I know it is time for me to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling list. (And I love your blog theme!) It's hard to believe right now, but you'd forget these things if you didn't write them down.

    When he's 20, you can ask him to 'pass the bowl of acorns'.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm, you forgot a most important letter. G - Gamma = Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a new one to add to the list...

    Scoop rock - a bulldozer that is used to scoop up large piles of rocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very clever and entertaining list!!

    ReplyDelete