Monday, December 5, 2011

Little Red Wagon


First trip to Maine for Matthew (and the wagon)

Matthew settling in for a stroll some years ago


Now he's the one pulling the wagon

.. and still enjoying a ride from time to time

Saturday began with the crunching sound of my glasses underfoot Matthew. In his quest to wake me up he failed to notice that my glasses were on the floor next to the bed. 

I had the good instinct to keep my old glasses in case something like this happened. I would have predicted that Sammy would have been the one to break them she has grabbed hold and flung them across the room before in one swift motion before. When will I learn that contacts are the way to go with small children in the house? 

The glasses incident was long forgotten by that afternoon when we went outside to play that in the chilly December air. Matthew gave a wagon ride to Sammy who looked like a pink starfish in her new snowsuit. It was sweet to watch him tug her around in the wagon while we walked around the neighborhood. It was even sweet when he needed a rest and climbed in the other side of the wagon while I pulled them both around.

No comments:

Post a Comment