Monday, May 14, 2012

Awesome Pawsome















Bob, Matthew, and I went to a Paw Sox game on this Mother’s Day. It was Star Wars day at McCoy Stadium. The tickets were a birthday present from us for Matthew. Emily came over to watch Samantha for the day. We ate lunch there and sat in our seats to watch a couple innings of the game here and there when we were not standing in line to meet the characters. 

First we met Captain Rex who let Matthew hold his guns for the picture. Then we met what I thought might be a Wicket or a Wookie until Matthew corrected me that it was a Jawa. Matthew danced with the Jawa. In those two sentences alone I have exhausted all my SW knowledge and I do not know the names of the rest of the characters that Matthew met except for his favorite Darth Vader. He even got to meet Paws, the team mascot, who Matthew addressed as “Mr.Paws.” 

After the game they allowed the children (and their parents) to run around the bases on the field. The SW characters went first. It was a well organized event and very exciting for the kids (and their parents).

No comments:

Post a Comment