Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Yard Project (Completed)


Ice Storm 2008

Our front lawn is under there somewhere!

The perfect yard for a three-year-old boy

Early attempts at grass planting

The A team

First thing is to get rid of the tree stumps

Got rid of the old crumbling walkway


Planting a bush from the backyard in the front

The day the dirt was delivered

Goodbye crab grass!
New walkway - from Grandma & Tutu's home to ours







The front yard is complete!

No need for the fence in the back

It came apart in so many pieces!

An improvement but we are not finished

New Shed

New fence
Digging up the back

Taking down the old deck

Building a new deck
Ice Storm #2

New New shed

New Sandbox & Garden area

New Deck & Patio



Backyard Complete



4 Years
2 fall ice storms
1 Papa
50,000 hot dogs
Some good-old fashion elbow grease
25,000 trips to Home Depot
1 Grill intervention
0 trips to the hospital

The yard project is now complete. The one area I lacked in photo journaling is the week we got a new driveway I was a little preoccupied with something else that week. Or should I say someone:

I don't know much about this yard project except that I like my swing!


To think that the whole thing started with a vague statement, “Mike and I are bored so we’re coming up next weekend to work on your yard,” from Papa. 

1 comment: