Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adventures In The Sand

After reading two of our favorite summer books, The Berenstain Bears Go On Vacation and Big Bird Can Share, two books of which feature picturesque sand castles, Matthew kept asking me to build a sandcastle with him. His day finally came when the swimming lakes finally opened for the season.

Or so I thought. Wearing bright green flip flops and a white cover up over my bathing suit, it wasn’t until after I locked my keys in the trunk that I discovered that the beach was closed. The car was unlocked but the trunk car button works anymore.

Ninety-nine percent of the time Bob works from home on Fridays. This was the one Friday that he went into the office for a few hours, most of which he spent driving forty minutes home and then back again thanks to his friends, Buzz and Jessie (Matthew has renamed the three of us to Toy Story characters. )

While waiting for Bob to arrive we at least had a scenic view. I took a few pictures and then we collected bottle caps for our sandcastle.





The second lake that we went to that morning was open. The beach had just been covered in brand new sand, which made me appreciate that the first one was closed.








The day turned out to be such fun that we decide to return again the very next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment