Monday, June 7, 2010

Destination Infinity

 Matthew settled downstairs with a construction Trio set and a Fireman Sam movie while I decidedly baked bread in the kitchen. “Are you okay down here?” I asked when checking in on him.
“Um. No."

“What’s wrong?” .

“There’s a monster in the closet,” he responds. Together we search the closet (no monster) and then I let him know that lunch is ready.



Aside from homemade bread I have fresh corn on the cob, fruit, and sandwiches on the table. “You make me so happy,” Matthew says to either me or the corn as he slides into his chair.

At some point this week Matthew has acquired Bells, my stuffed dog and secret keeper that I’ve had since I was six years old.



“His name is Jingles.” Matthew announces. “He has a lot of boo-boo’s." He is examining his patches and tears from over the years. “Let’s go Jingles!” Matthew “Space Ranger Rodak” (last week he corrected us to say his last name was Rodak-Batman) stuffs Bells aka Jingles into the back of his Buzz Lightyear big wheel. “To infinity and beyond!”
aking him squeal with laughter the same way that I used to. It is Bob who asks me to sing it again. So I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment