Saturday, June 12, 2010

I love you and Strawberry Shakes


Matthew also opened a store that sells drinks. The specials are “apple juice” (cold tea, grass blades, water) and “chocolate milk” (water, mulch, dirt). You may order with or without rose petals on top for an additional price. Luckily he accepts rocks as a method of payment.






One morning this week we played robots. Matthew made a costume of paper and aluminum foil, only asking for my help when it came time to put it together with ‘sticky tape’ (scotch tape).


On Friday I took Matthew to the farm to go strawberry picking. He pretended that he was a tractor while we walked up and down the paths before settling on a spot.


“I’m really hungry,” he told me, eyeing the box I had begun to fill with strawberries. He ate while he picked, and by the time we walked over to the playground area his hands and face were stained with strawberry juice.


A






“I’m a strawberry monster,” he declared when catching a glimpse at himself in the mirror over the sink where we washed our hands after.

At home we made up a batch of strawberry milkshakes. “I love you,” Matthew told me when I tucked him into bed at night, “and strawberry shakes.”



No comments:

Post a Comment