Monday, January 16, 2012

Behind Bars








Admittedly Sammy is old enough to sleep through the night. She does not need to wake up once or twice to eat and another time to have her pacifier put back in her mouth. When I toted an empty laptop bag to work one particularly sleep deprived morning last week it was then that I decided enough was enough. This weekend Sammy was going to spend her nights behind bars. Crib bars! 

The plan was that I would sleep in Matthew’s bed to secretly keep an eye on her while she cried it out and Matthew would sleep in our bed with Bob. He was so excited to move seven of his stuffed animals to our room with him. 

Night one of our plan was Friday. I went to bed earlier than usual because I had a cold. The next thing I knew Matthew was snuggled up beside me and saying, “Aren’t I lucky to have a bed big enough for both of us to sleep in?” followed by Bob dragging him away to our room. The next night I heard Matthew chattering through the wall about football and Bob telling him to go back to sleep. On the last night of my onsite sleep training I heard Bob and Matthew still awake and bickering by the time I turned off the CARS themed reading light to go to sleep. While managing to sleep train one child we completely disrupted the sleep pattern of the other one. The new sleeping arrangement has turned Matthew into a bedtime egomaniac. Tonight the sleep training continues, but everyone will be sleeping in their own beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment