Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Little Llamas





We are big fans of Anna Dewdney’s Llama Llama books. When Matthew was nine-months-old he screamed in delight each time I turned the pages to Llama Llama Red Pajama. We took that book with us everywhere. Then one day Grandma saw a second Llama Llama book came out and picked us up a copy. This time Llama Llama was Mad at Mama. Countless times I have quoted the books to him, “I think shopping’s boring too- but at least I’m here with you” Or, “Mama Llama’s always near, even if she’s not right here.” We now own five Llama Llama books and each one is a perfect read for one occasion or another.

Recently we’ve been curling up to read Llama Llama home with Mama, because it seems that at least one of us has had a cold these past three weeks. Some of the pages from our old favorites are torn and taped back together from when Matthew was first learning how to turn book pages. Now he gently scolds Sammy to be careful with these same books when she tries to turn the pages. I wonder if she will one day call them Yaya Yaya books like Matthew did when he was leaning to talk

No comments:

Post a Comment