Wednesday, November 16, 2011

4 Months!

15.5 lbs, 26 inches!

Sammy is four-months-old! Where did my four-week-old go? Or my four-day-old? Second babies should take twice as long to grow as parents are twice as busy the second time around. I want to savor these mild milestones like batting at toys (with her feet) and delightful cooing sounds before she moves on to bigger things like crawling and her first tooth. 

At four months she likes toys that sound like crinkling paper, playing peek a boo, and watching reality television cooking shows on Food Network in between nursing. She has an uncanny ability to nuzzle against your chest when being carried so she is typically snuggled a lot. Especially at 2 am. The books tell me that I am supposed to not indulge her in these middle of the night feedings of hers with any form of attention but I enjoy our middle of the night snuggle together without anyone else feeling left out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this next months brings for her. She has already grown  so much in such a short time!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it either! I went and visited Miss Hannah last night and was telling Kristen how old Cakes was but as I was saying it, I was in denial!

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete